Serves 6-8 as a side dish.
- 1 1/2 cups of pearled farro*
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 radishes very thinly sliced (a vegetable peeler makes quick work of this technique)
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan use the vegetable peeler for this too
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Place farro, water and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes, until tender. Drain any excess water.
Once farro is cooked and drained, place into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Place salad in serving bowl or platter and garnish with additional cheese, herbs and nuts if desired.